The MOC On-Demand Packaged Set 20696C: Administering System Center Configuration Manager and Intune is good for one student access for MOC On-Demand and its associated digital MOC.
Get expert instruction and hands-on practice configuring and managing clients and devices by using Microsoft System Center v1511 Configuration Manager, Microsoft Intune, and their associated site systems.
Microsoft Labs Online is a secure, cost-effective, compliant, and convenient way to deliver Microsoft Official Courseware hands-on labs. This internet-based lab hosting service provides 3 months of online access to the labs for this MOC On-Demand Course via a browser.
Details for Administering System Center Configuration Manager and Intune (20696C course) (90 Day)
About this Course
Get expert instruction and hands-on practice configuring and managing clients and devices by using Microsoft System Center v1511 Configuration Manager, Microsoft Intune, and their associated site systems. In this course, you will learn day-to-day management tasks, including how to manage software, client health, hardware and software inventory, applications, and integration with Microsoft Intune. You also will learn how to optimize System Center Endpoint Protection, manage compliance, and create management queries and reports. Additionally, this course, in conjunction with Microsoft Official Course 20695C, helps certification candidates prepare for Exam 70-696: Managing Enterprise Devices and Apps.
This course is for experienced information technology (IT) professionals, typically described as Enterprise Desktop Administrators (EDAs). EDAs deploy, manage, and maintain PCs, devices, and applications across medium, large, and enterprise organizations. A significant portion of this audience uses, or intends to use, the latest release of Configuration Manager and Intune to manage and deploy PCs, devices, and applications. By using Configuration Manager with Intune, EDAs also can support either domain-joined or non-domain-joined Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) scenarios, mobile-device management, and secure data access on common operating-system platforms, such as Windows, Windows Phone, Apple iOS, and Android.
This course also is for individuals who are interested in taking exam 70-696: Managing Enterprise Devices and Apps.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the features Configuration Manager and Intune include, and explain how you can use these features to manage PCs and mobile devices in an enterprise environment.
- Prepare a management infrastructure, including configuring boundaries, boundary groups, and resource discovery, and integrating mobile-device management with Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Deploy and manage the Configuration Manager client.
- Configure, manage, and monitor hardware and software inventory, and use Asset Intelligence and software metering.
- Identify and configure the most appropriate method to distribute and manage content used for deployments.
- Distribute, deploy, and monitor applications for managed users and systems.
- Maintain software updates for PCs that Configuration Manager manages.
- Use Configuration Manager to implement Endpoint Protection.
- Manage configuration items, baselines, and profiles to assess and configure compliance settings and data access for users and devices.
- Configure an operating-system deployment strategy by using Configuration Manager.
- Manage mobile devices by using Configuration Manager and Intune.
- Manage and maintain a Configuration Manager site.
Details for Microsoft Labs Online for this course: Administering System Center Configuration Manager and Intune
Microsoft Labs Online is a secure, cost-effective, compliant, and convenient way to deliver Microsoft Official Courseware hands-on labs. This internet-based lab hosting service provides online access to the labs for this MOC On-Demand Course via a browser.
Microsoft Labs Online is integrated within the MOC On-Demand Course and there are step-by-step instructions provided on how to access and perform the labs. The student will have 24x7 access to the labs for the duration of course access.
Minimum requirements for Microsoft Labs Online include:System Requirements:
- Windows XP SP3 or later
Note: The Chrome browser must be used with Windows XP and Windows Vista.
- 32-bit Microsoft Internet Explorer 10.0 or later
- TCP Port 80 open with inbound/outbound access to the Internet
- 256 KBps per user network bandwidth
- Ideal screen resolutions above 1280 x 1024
In addition, the labs may be accessed from other browsers and operating systems, including: