CASP+ - CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner Prep - October 7-11, 2019
October 7-11, 2019
Duration: 5 days
Learn advanced security administration tools and techniques while preparing for the CASP+ exam (CAS-003) in this hands-on course.You have experience in the increasingly crucial field of information security, and now you're ready to take that experience to the next level. CASP+ - CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (exam CAS-003) is the course you will need to take if your job responsibilities include securing complex enterprise environments. In this course, you will expand on your knowledge of information security to apply more advanced principles that will keep your organization safe from the many ways it can be threatened. Today's IT climate demands individuals with demonstrable skills, and the information and activities in this course can help you develop the skill set you need to confidently perform your duties as an advanced security professional. This course is designed for IT professionals who want to acquire the technical knowledge and skills needed to conceptualize, engineer, integrate, and implement secure solutions across complex enterprise environments.
This course can also benefit you if you intend to pass the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CAS-003) certification examination. What you learn and practice in this course can be a significant part of your preparation.
In this course, you will analyze and apply advanced security concepts, principles, and implementations that contribute to enterprise-level security, including:
- Support IT governance in the enterprise with an emphasis on managing risk.
- Leverage collaboration tools and technology to support enterprise security.
- Use research and analysis to secure the enterprise.
- Integrate advanced authentication and authorization techniques.
- Implement cryptographic techniques.
- Implement security controls for hosts.
- Implement security controls for mobile devices.
- Implement network security.
- Implement security in the systems and software development lifecycle.
- Integrate hosts, storage, networks, applications, virtual environments, and cloud technologies in a secure enterprise architecture.
- Conduct security assessments.
- Respond to and recover from security incidents.
To be ready for this advanced course, you should have at least a foundational knowledge of information security. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Knowledge of identity and access management (IAM) concepts and common implementations, such as authentication factors and directory services.
- Knowledge of cryptographic concepts and common implementations, such as Secure Sockets Layer/Transport Layer Security (SSL/TLS) and public key infrastructure (PKI).
- Knowledge of computer networking concepts and implementations, such as the TCP/IP model and configuration of routers and switches.
- Knowledge of common security technologies used to safeguard the enterprise, such as anti-malware solutions, firewalls, and VPNs.
This course is designed for IT professionals in the cybersecurity industry whose primary job responsibility is to secure complex enterprise environments. The target student should have real-world experience with the technical administration of these enterprise environments.
This course is also designed for students who are seeking the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) certification and who want to prepare for the CAS-003 exam. Students seeking CASP+ certification should have at least 10 years of experience in IT management, with at least 5 years of hands-on technical security experience.
Lesson 1: Supporting IT Governance and Risk Management
- Identify the Importance of IT Governance and Risk Management
- Assess Risk
- Mitigate Risk
- Integrate Documentation into Risk Management
Lesson 2: Leveraging Collaboration to Support Security
- Facilitate Collaboration across Business Units
- Secure Communications and Collaboration Solutions
Lesson 3: Using Research and Analysis to Secure the Enterprise
- Determine Industry Trends and Their Effects on the Enterprise
- Analyze Scenarios to Secure the Enterprise
Lesson 4: Integrating Advanced Authentication and Authorization Techniques
- Implement Authentication and Authorization Technologies
- Implement Advanced Identity and Access Management
Lesson 5: Implementing Cryptographic Techniques
- Select Cryptographic Techniques
- Implement Cryptography
Lesson 6: Implementing Security Controls for Hosts
- Select Host Hardware and Software
- Harden Hosts
- Virtualize Servers and Desktops
- Protect Boot Loaders
Lesson 7: Implementing Security Controls for Mobile Devices
- Implement Mobile Device Management
- Address Security and Privacy Concerns for Mobile Devices
Lesson 8: Implementing Network Security
- Plan Deployment of Network Security Components and Devices
- Plan Deployment of Network-Enabled Devices
- Implement Advanced Network Design
- Implement Network Security Controls
Lesson 9: Implementing Security in the Systems and Software Development Lifecycle
- Implement Security throughout the Technology Lifecycle
- Identify General Application Vulnerabilities
- Identify Web Application Vulnerabilities
- Implement Application Security Controls
Lesson 10: Integrating Assets in a Secure Enterprise Architecture
- Integrate Standards and Best Practices in Enterprise Security
- Select Technical Deployment Models
- Integrate Cloud-Augmented Security Services
- Secure the Design of the Enterprise Infrastructure
- Integrate Data Security in the Enterprise Architecture
- Integrate Enterprise Applications in a Secure Architecture
Lesson 11: Conducting Security Assessments
- Select Security Assessment Methods
- Perform Security Assessments with Appropriate Tools
Lesson 12: Responding to and Recovering from Incidents
- Prepare for Incident Response and Forensic Investigations
- Conduct Incident Response and Forensic Analysis
Appendix A: Taking the Exams
Appendix B: Mapping Course Content to CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) Exam CAS-003