Details for Configuring Advanced Windows Server® 2012 Services (20412D course) (90 Day)
About this Course
Get hands-on instruction and practice configuring advanced Windows Server 2012, including Windows Server 2012 R2, services in this Microsoft Official On-Demand Course. This course is part three in a series of three courses that provides the skills and knowledge necessary to implement a core Windows Server 2012 infrastructure in an existing enterprise environment.
The three courses collectively cover implementing, managing, maintaining and provisioning services and infrastructure in a Windows Server 2012 environment. Although there is some cross-over of skills and tasks across these courses, this course focuses on advanced configuration of services necessary to deploy, manage and maintain a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure, such as advanced networking services, Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS), Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS), Network Load Balancing, Failover Clustering, business continuity and disaster recovery services as well as access and information provisioning and protection technologies such as Dynamic Access Control (DAC), and Web Application Proxy integration with AD FS and Workplace Join.
This course maps directly to and is the preferred choice for hands-on preparation for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Exam 412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services, which is the third of three exams required for MCSA: Windows Server 2012 credential.
Note: Labs in this course are based on Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1.
This course is intended for Information Technology (IT) Professionals with hands on experience implementing, managing and maintaining a Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2 environment who wish to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to perform advanced management and provisioning of services within that Windows Server 2012 environment. Candidates who would typically be interested in attending this course will be:
- Experienced Windows Server Administrators who have real world experience working in a Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 enterprise environment.
- IT Professionals who are looking to take the exam 412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services.
- IT Professionals wishing to take the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) exams in Datacenter, Desktop Infrastructure, Messaging, Collaboration and Communications will also be interested in taking this course as they prepare for the MCSA exams, which are a pre-requisite for their individual specialties.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Configure advanced features for Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Domain Name System (DNS), and configure IP Address Management (IPAM) with Windows Server 2012.
- Configure and manage iSCSI, BranchCache and FSRM.
- Configure DAC to manage and audit access to shared files.
- Plan and implement an AD DS deployment that includes multiple domains and forests.
- Plan and implement an AD DS deployment that includes locations.
- Implement and configure an Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS) deployment.
- Implement an AD RMS deployment.
- Implement an AD FS deployment.
- Provide high availability and load balancing for web-based applications by implementing Network Load Balancing (NLB).
- Implement and validate high availability and load balancing for web-based applications by implementing NLB.
- Provide high availability for network services and applications by implementing failover clustering.
- Implement a failover cluster, and configure and validate a highly available network service.
- Deploy and manage Hyper-V virtual machines in a failover cluster.
- Implement a backup and disaster recovery solution based on business and technical requirements.
Details for Microsoft Labs Online for this course: Configuring Advanced Windows Server® 2012 Services
Microsoft Labs Online is a secure, cost-effective, compliant, and convenient way to deliver Microsoft Official Courseware hands-on labs. This internet-based lab hosting service provides online access to the labs for this MOC On-Demand Course via a browser.
Microsoft Labs Online is integrated within the MOC On-Demand Course and there are step-by-step instructions provided on how to access and perform the labs. The student will have 24x7 access to the labs for the duration of course access.
Minimum requirements for Microsoft Labs Online include:System Requirements:
- Windows XP SP3 or later
Note: The Chrome browser must be used with Windows XP and Windows Vista.
- 32-bit Microsoft Internet Explorer 10.0 or later
- TCP Port 80 open with inbound/outbound access to the Internet
- 256 KBps per user network bandwidth
- Ideal screen resolutions above 1280 x 1024
In addition, the labs may be accessed from other browsers and operating systems, including: